Zhongguancun; science city; Electronic Street; institutional reform; experimental zone
In April 1951, the Beijing Municipal Government "reserved considerable development land" in the area of "south of Tsinghua, east of Haidian, west of Beijing-Suiyuan Railway, north of Daniwan". In October 1953, Chinese Academy of Sciences settled there, and since then, there has the "formal name"-Zhongguancun. As of 1966, there were 118 research institutes directly in Chinese Academy of Sciences, and 28 in Beijing, 22 of which were at Zhongguancun. In October 1980, Chen Chunxian's "Advanced Technology Development Service Department of Beijing Plasma Society" was founded there, which opened the prelude to "Zhongguancun Electronic Street". In May 1988, the Beijing New Technology Industry Development Experimental Zone was born on the basis of "Electronic Street". In May 1999, the State Council decided to speed up the construction of the Zhongguancun Science and Technology Park. Since then, Zhongguancun has transcended the concept of geography and has become a symbol of high technology. The glory of Zhongguancun is inseparable from the development and institutional reform of the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
Bulletin of Chinese Academy of Sciences
竺可桢, 樊洪业.竺可桢全集.上海:上海科技教育出版社, 2009.
杨小林, 陈京辉.北京正负电子对撞机工程建设亲历记--柳怀祖口述.长沙:湖南教育出版社, 2016.
蔡恒胜, 柳怀祖.中关村回忆.上海:上海交通大学出版社, 2011.
陈益升, 赵文彦.科学工业园区研究在中国的兴起.中国科技论坛, 1988, (4):59-60.
"Rise of Science City in Zhongguancun (1951-1999),"
Bulletin of Chinese Academy of Sciences (Chinese Version): Vol. 34
, Article 9.
Available at: https://bulletinofcas.researchcommons.org/journal/vol34/iss9/9