About This Journal
About the Journal
Supervised and sponsored by Chinese Academy of Sciences, and distributed worldwide, Bulletin of Chinese Academy of Sciences (BCAS) is a think tank journal that focuses on strategy and decision-making research. Designated to be the “core media of the national science think tank”, BCAS is the key media platform for the national high-end think tank of Chinese Academy of Sciences.
BCAS mainly publishes the research reports by the academicians of Chinese Academy of Sciences and Chinese Academy of Engineering and scientists on major strategic issues in China’s science, technology, and economic and social development, and the reviews on the development status and trends of important frontiers and cross-discipline research. With the rich scientific accumulation and high sense of social responsibility of the fellow authors, BCAS is designated to provide scientific support for national macro-strategic decision-making, and to disseminate scientific thinking and scientific spirit to society and public widely and effectively.
Scopes and Columns
Aiming at “core media of the national science think tank”, articles of each column strive to be “strategical stand, national level, international perspective, and historical responsibility”.
Columns: Major Topics, Strategy & Policy Decision Research, Policy & Management Research, Consultation of Academic Divisions and Suggestion of Academicians, Scientific Focus, Disciplinary Development, S&T and Society, Think Tank Viewpoint, Think Tank Research, and so on.
Five in One Mode, and the Five is listed as:
- Hard Copy: Guided by major special topics planning, combined with permanent columns, it serves the development of science and technology and supports the country’s economic and social development.
- Forum: With the “Strategy and Decision-making High-level Forum” hosted by Chinese Academy of Sciences as the core, hold open or closed forums of various forms and scales.
- New Media: Focus on WeChat and use the Internet as a link to integrate multimedia communication channels. At present, the annual read of WeChat high-end users exceeds 500,000 and the read of electronic journals exceeds 300,000 per issue.
- Internal Report: Report the strategic thinking of scientists to relevant decision-makers through multiple channels.
- Research and Consultation: The editorial team of BCAS is entrusted to organize strategic scientists and experts in related fields to carry out research and consultation activities for enterprises, localities, and related institutions.
In recent years, the “Think Product” launched by BCAS has been recognized by the leaders of Chinese Academy of Sciences and praised by the scientific and technological community and have received instructions and attention from national leaders and relevant decision-makers. At the same time, more and more well-known strategic scientists worldwide have joined the author group. BCAS has become an important communication platform in the field of China’s science and technology and development strategy research.
Multiple articles are reprinted by important newspapers and periodicals such as Xinhua Digest each year, and the jointly recommendation of “Top Ten Scientific Advances in China” with related journals is widely recognized by the scientific and technological community.
In recent years, BCAS’s comprehensive impact factor has ranked among the best in similar journals according to the statistics of CNKI, its authority of think tank media is well recognized by society and the scientific and technological community.
Indexation and Award
BCAS is indexed as core journal by Chinese Science Citation Database (CSCD) of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chinese Science and Technology Paper and Citation Database (CSTPCD) of Ministry of Science and Technology, Chinese Humanities and Social Science Citation Database (CHSSCD) of Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, A Guide of the Core Journal of China of Peking University, Chinese Social Science Citation Index (CSSCI), and Scopus.
BCAS was selected as “Good Articles on Periodical for Theme Publicity” under the guidance of the Publicity Department, won the third “National Top 100 Newspapers and Journals” and “Chinese Government Award for Publishing”.
Journal of Chinese Academy of Sciences (1986—2005): Communicate within Chinese Academy of Sciences and externally with other ministries or institutions.
Exploration Stage of Think Tank Media (2005—2016): Core media of the national science think tank.
Think Tank Platform Construction (2017—): Diversified communication platform for national high-end Science and technology think tank.
To be an important bridge to communicate within the scientific and technological community and between the community and relevant decision-makers, be the most influential platform for China’s science and technology affairs and play its due role as a think tank platform in promoting the construction of a world scientific and technological power.
BCAS is an open access (OA) journal that operates a double-blind peer-review process. All content in BCAS is distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 (CC-BY-NC-ND 4.0) International License. All articles are published in open access format as defined by the CC-BY-NC-ND 4.0 License. Published articles can be made public immediately and are permanently accessible free of charge on the official website (http://www.bulletin.cas.cn), allowing users to read, download, copy, print, search, or obtain a link to the full text of the articles, or use them for other legitimate purposes.
Instructions for free access and use:
All users of articles in BCAS should use the CC-BY-NC-ND 4.0 License as a prerequisite. The License allows users to copy and distribute articles provided that:
- This is not done for commercial purposes and further does not permit distribution of the article if it is changed or edited in any way.
- The user gives appropriate credit (with a link to the formal publication through the relevant DOI) and provides a link to the license but not in an any way implying that the licensor is endorsing the user or the use of the work.
- No derivatives including remix, transform, or build upon the material was allowed for distribution.
- BCAS allows authors or their institutions to store all their research papers published in BCAS in the Institutional Repository of their institution for open access.
- Please follow the link (https://creativecommons.net.cn/licenses/meet-the-licenses/) for details.
Copyright and Archiving
BCAS is an open access journal. Once published, all articles are immediately and permanently available for readers to read and download on the official website (http://www.bulletin.cas.cn). At the same time, it is permanently preserved in the National Library of China, Depository Library of Chinese Publications, etc. For more information, please refer to the content of Open Access.
All authors should sign the Copyright Transfer Agreement and submit it no later than when the manuscript is officially accepted. If you have any questions to the Copyright Transfer Agreement, please contact Editorial Office before submission.
Since its inception in 1986, all articles of BCAS have been digitally archived, and the official website can be searched and downloaded. To ensure data security, all article information and relevant materials submitted by authors are archived and backed up in Editorial Office. Articles can be retrieved and downloaded through the official website, CNKI, Wanfang, Scopus and other digital platforms.
Indexed in EBSCO.